Friday & Saturday / Dydd Gwener & Dydd Sadwrn
12pm - 6pm / 12yh - 6yh
Sunday / Dydd Sul
12pm - 4pm / 12yh - 4yh
Food served daily 12pm - 2.30pm /
Gegin yn agorad o 12yb-2:30yh yn dyddiol
CHRISTMAS OPENING HOURS / ORIAU AGOR Y NADOLIG
Christmas Day / Dydd Nadolig - 12pm to 2pm / 12yh y 2yh
Boxing Day to 3rd January / Gŵyl San Steffan i Ionawr 3 - 12pm to 5pm / 12yh - 5yh
Food served daily 12pm - 2.30pm / Gegin yn agorad o 12yb-2:30yh yn dyddiol
History of The Ty Coch Inn
Ty Coch itself was built in 1823. It was built out of red brick which was imported through the port of Porthdinllaen from Holland. It was probably brick which was used as ballast for a ship which had taken granite from here to Holland. The cellar is much older than this and down there we have windows and a fireplace which are now below ground level.
For the first five years of its life it was the vicarage for the vicar of Edern. In 1828 a vicarage was built next to the church and eventually Ty Coch ceased to be the second vicarage as the vicar The Rev. John Parry Jones Parry moved out entirely leaving his housekeeper, Catherine Ellis to open the building as an Inn in 1842 to supply refreshment to the shipbuilding workforce who worked on the beach.
Ty Coch was in competition, certainly with the Whitehall Inn and reputedly at one time, a total of four other pubs on the beach.
Only Ty Coch survives as a pub today.
Innkeepers to date ( as we know it )
1842-50 Catherine Ellis
1850-57 Ellis & Elinor Hughes
1857-60 Closed ( long lunch hour)
1860 -64 (?) Laura Thomas
1864-71 William Griffiths
1871-90 Jane Hughes (nee Linton) mother of...
1890- c1932 Jane Jones (nee Linton) She was the innkeeper, harbourmaster and ran a school in Ty Coch for mariners children.
1932-35 Owain Jones (Cox of the Porthdinllaen lifeboat "The M.O.Y.E.")
1935-66 Louis Pritchard Thomas
1966-68 Hugh Williams
1968 - 2004 Clifford and Brione Webley (Cliff & Brione)
2004 - present Brione and Stuart Webley